Nearfield Instruments (NFI) is a fast-growing scale-up high-tech company. We design, develop, integrate, market and service advanced metrology machines. Our machines enables our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to increase the production yields, and thus, functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Founded in 2016, we bring together the most creative minds (approx. 160 employees) in science and technology and develop a one-of-a-kind, revolutionary high throughput Scanning Probe Microscopy system.
As a Configuration Manager, you will be responsible for creating and updating the product tree of our state-of-the-art metrology systems throughout their lifecycle, from the early development stage to servicing.
• Participate in architecture trade-offs with various stakeholders (Product Manager, System Architect and Quality Manager);
• Create a Top-Down product tree that best fits the specifications, either from the start or derived from an already existing one;
• Define system-level requirements to be used as design inputs (Volume Claims, Interface Agreements, Frame of references, Naming/Numbering conventions…);
• Contribute to Change Control Board to assess impacts of discussed and approved changes on the product configuration and related proliferation aspects;
• Follow-up on design changes and update the product configuration;
• Guarantee proper traceability of the product configurations from a technical perspective;
• Interact with the different departments within the company to raise awareness on how to identify changes for as-designed, as-built and as-maintained;
• Maintain the general database of parts and assemblies used in the several product lines;
• Define the structure of customer baselines with their associated configuration documents.
You are a rigorous team player who gets excited from innovation and technically complex challenges. You have strong communication skills and are not afraid to make yourself heard. You are good in managing expectations and know how to interact effectively with various stakeholders. You are willing to go the extra mile on a regular basis and you don’t mind implementing changes and process improvements.
• A Bachelor Degree in a technical field;
• At least 5 years of demonstrable experience in hightech equipment projects which are comparable to NFI products from a complexity perspective;
• Perfect knowledge of Product Lifecycle;
• Experience with Solidworks or similar CAD software is preferred;
• Experience with PLM is required;
• Proficiency in the English language;
• Experience with implementing a product configuration process or method;
Successful configuration managers possess excellent structuration and organization skills. They are able to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams around a common goal: the product performance.
Getting on board now is a great opportunity to grow with the company from a technical, personal, and financial perspective. Nearfield's momentum is energetic and promising!
Our starting point is of course to pay someone a fair and competitive salary and besides this we offer you:
• we value your work-life balance;
• time for some relaxation: 240 hours of holiday per calendar year (on 40 hours);
• 8% of your annual salary (gross) holiday allowance;
• Commuting allowance;
• Work from home allowance;
• Discount on your health insurance;
• We are here to support one another, and colleagues are there to help you. TEAM is very important, Together Everyone Achieves More!
• Besides a challenging role where you can utilize the full extent of your professional knowledge.
If the above challenges excites you, we encourage you to send us your details using the Apply now button on our career site.
Our recruitment process:
• Screening by Recruiter
• 1st interview
• 2nd interview
• Meeting our CEO
• Onboarding and welcome at Nearfield Instruments!
If you have any questions? Feel free to contact me via:
Martien Hermens - Recruiter
+31(0) 6 38214839
Recruitment, consultancy and/or other agency?
We appreciate the interest, but we source all our candidates directly. We understand that you as an intermediary want to present candidates to our interesting positions. This is not how we have structured our recruitment.
This means that all profiles offered to Nearfield Instruments will be treated as direct applications. Unless we have explicitly agreed otherwise.