The leading techniques in Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) and Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) have enabled the investigation of surfaces and adsorbates on surfaces with atomic precision for a wide range of materials. AFM measures the interaction force between the tip and the substrate.
AFM images contain significant information not only from the layer being measured, but convoluted with artifacts and noise introduced by the tool, probe, measurement method and so on. In this position, you will apply your strong data analytics skills with knowledge of the layer being measured and/or AFM knowledge to understand the contributions from tool. You will use this developed knowledge/data to aid development engineers in improving our methods and application engineers in better setting up recipes for measurements.
In this role you will be part of our Metrology Applications team. This team is responsible for:
• Develop new AFM metrology applications for the semiconductor industry by
o Interactions with customers to understand their metrology needs.
o Determine how we can use our product to meet these needs.
o Developing new AFM measurement modes and data processing algorithms if necessary.
• Demonstrating our state-of-the-art metrology system capabilities by measuring the most challenging layers on customer wafers.
• Supporting our customer with the integration of our products in the customer’s manufacturing line.
As an enthusiastic and result driven Data Analyst, you
• would like to work with AFM data obtained from measurements on application layers.
• are curious to link data to actionable insights, aiming at new product offerings or improve the capabilities, performance and efficiency of existing products.
• enjoy having a career with broad responsibility and ownership, instead of a job with narrow and pre-defined tasks.
• want to work in team that together does what it takes to meet and exceed customer expectations.
• thrive in an agile environment where priorities are changed according to business needed.
• can have flexibility on working hours.
You should have at least some of the qualifications as described below.
• You are a Masters/PhD graduate with educational background in a subject related to semiconductor manufacturing, metrology, and/or AFM.
• You have experience with using programming like python to develop/use algorithms for data analysis.
• 2 years of experience in Metrology data analysis, Semiconductor metrology and/or AFM development.
Getting on board now is a great opportunity to grow with the company from a technical, personal, and financial perspective. Nearfield's momentum is energetic and promising!
Our starting point is of course to pay someone a fair and competitive salary and besides this we offer you:
• 30 paid holidays a year, which is 10 more than required by Dutch labor law.
• 8% of your annual salary (gross) holiday allowance;
• Commuting allowance;
• Work from home allowance;
• Generous overtime payment
• Discount on your health insurance;
• TEAM is very important, Together Everyone Achieves More!
• Social company events throughout the year
If you are enthusiastic about this opportunity, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the qualifications. Please send your details using the Apply now button on our career site.
If you have any questions? Feel free to contact me via:
Martien Hermens - Recruiter
Recruitment, consultancy and/or other agency?
We appreciate the interest, but we source all our candidates directly. We understand that you as an intermediary want to present candidates to our interesting positions. This is not how we have structured our recruitment.
This means that all profiles offered to Nearfield Instruments will be treated as direct applications unless we have explicitly agreed otherwise
Do you want to join our team as our new Data Analyst Metrology? Then we'd love to hear about you!