Nearfield Instruments brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop a revolutionary high throughput atomic force microscopy (AFM) system, enabling atom-scale resolution 3D metrology at industry-level throughput. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced metrology machines.
Are you an enthusiastic student with a passion for sustainability? Do you have an interest to contribute to sustainability strategies for start-up companies? And do you want to make an impact within Nearfield Instruments during your internship and contribute to an ESG improvement? Then we have the perfect internship for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern, who would like to participate in collecting data, transforming it into relevant information and proposing improvements. Based on thorough research and analysis, you determine what opportunities and risks exist in the field of environmental, social and governance (ESG).
You will support the ESG Officer in implementing the current strategy and developing the path forward. As a true member of the QHSE &ESG team you will have plenty of opportunity to participate actively!
What are you going to do?
You will participate in the preparation of engagement strategies
• You contribute to formulating critical questions about the ESG policy and help with target setting.
• Consolidate the roadmap into a comprehensive business case, including benefit and risk assessment, recommended approaches, and estimated budget requirements.
• Gathering emission data and develop a reporting dashboard
• Describe waste streams and propose improvement measures.
• Develop an internal communication to educate our colleagues on ESG opportunities.
• Contribute to preparing reports for our KPI’s
• You help to improve our goals to the future
• You are currently studying at a university or any other bachelor level (in Dutch: HBO) -Environmental Science, Sustainability, Biology, Geography, Engineering or similar
• You show a genuine interest in ESG and latest protocols.
• Are familiar with ESG concepts such as supply chain due diligence, anti-bribery, conflict minerals, etc.
• Data-driven accuracy. Chasing for data in a short time frame is needed.
• Possess great analytic & communication skills and are pro-active and driven.
• You interact with people easily
• Excel skills and proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint).
• Sharepoint and Power automate knowledge.
• Proficiency in English
The internship can start at your earliest availability. We strive to have someone on board coming February at the latest. Most importantly we would like to get in contact with you!
• The internship is full-time (in consultation also 4 days a week possible)
• The duration of the internship is 4 to 6 months (in consultation with your internship supervisor)
• You will be part of a team and mentored
• You will be having fun and have the opportunity to join our social activities during your internship
• You'll receive an internship fee as compensation.
Do you want to join our team as our new ESG Internship? Then we'd love to hear about you! Apply via the button below or please feel free to reach out to our recruiter Bram Baaij in case you have any questions, +316-14249323 or email@example.com.