It is difficult to imagine the modern world without electronics. From televisions to cars, and from fridges to the device you are reading this on right now, they are all interconnected by semiconductor devices (chips). To get the most use out of them, and the limited space in these devices, new methods are constantly being discovered to shrink them. Now, they have shrunk to the point that they cannot be measured anymore. That is where Nearfield Instruments comes in. We developed new technologies to make AFM so fast and accurate that it can be used as in-line metrology tool in the manufacturing of the most advanced semiconductor devices. This solves one of the biggest challenges for our (potential) customers, which are the largest Semiconductor Manufacturers in the world.
See our website for more information about the company and our products.
The metrology applications engineer is a member of the application team at Nearfield Instruments. As metrology applications engineer you will:
• Develop new AFM metrology applications for the semiconductor industry. To do this you will:
o Give technical presentations to and interact with customers to understand their metrology needs.
o Determine how we can use our product to meet these needs.
o Work with colleagues to develop new AFM measurement modes and data processing algorithms if necessary.
• Demonstrating our state-of-the-art metrology system capabilities by measuring the most challenging layers on customer wafers.
• Support our customer with the integration of our products in the customer’s manufacturing line.
• You can apply your AFM, metrology, and semiconductor industry knowledge to work on state of the art semiconductor industry metrology challenges.
• You can directly see the impact of your work on our products and our business.
• The strong teamwork in our scale-up and our customer focus provide phenomenal learning and development opportunities.
• You thrive in an environment of constant change.
You should have at least some of the qualifications as described below.
• A PHD or master’s degree in physics, mechatronics, or a related field
• A good understanding of semiconductor manufacturing
• Metrology experience, e.g. development of metrology tools or using metrology tools in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with customer engagement
• Development of AFM tools and/or experienced user of AFM tools
• Experience with coding (Matlab, Python...etc.) for data analysis, visualization, and algorithm development.
Getting on board now is a great opportunity to grow with the company from a technical, personal, and financial perspective. Nearfield's momentum is energetic and promising!
Our starting point is of course to pay someone a fair and competitive salary and besides this we offer you:
• 30 paid holidays a year, which is 10 more than required by Dutch labor law;
• 8% of your annual salary (gross) holiday allowance;
• Commuting allowance;
• Work from home allowance;
• TEAM is very important, Together Everyone Achieves More!
• Social company events throughout the year.
If the above challenges excites you, we encourage you to send us your details using the Apply now button on our career site.
If you have any questions? Feel free to contact me via:
Martien Hermens - Recruiter
Recruitment, consultancy and/or other agency?
We appreciate the interest, but we source all our candidates directly. We understand that you as an intermediary want to present candidates to our interesting positions. This is not how we have structured our recruitment.
This means that all profiles offered to Nearfield Instruments will be treated as direct applications. Unless we have explicitly agreed otherwise.
Do you want to join our team as our new Metrology Applications Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!