Nearfield Instruments (NFI) is a fast-growing scale-up high-tech company. We design, develop, integrate, market and service advanced metrology machines. Our machines enables our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to increase the production yields, and thus, functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Founded in 2016, we bring together the most creative minds (approx. 160 employees) in science and technology and develop a one-of-a-kind, revolutionary high throughput Scanning Probe Microscopy system .
You work together with your colleagues in the Product Support team in the Rotterdam office .
As Product Support Engineer at Nearfield, you work closely with the Field Service Engineers at customer locations during preventive and corrective maintenance of the installed base. With your experience of both the metrology system as well as the Service Organization, you drive improving the uptime, mean time between failures and contribute to customer satisfaction.
Next to that, you participate in product development and improvement projects as representative of the Service Organization. You close the feedback loop from field to factory regarding machine performance, and you support the introduction of our new products at customer locations.
The most important aspects of the function:
• Be point of contact for equipment support requests, and in charge of solving escalated tool-down situations by forming and leading a team of experts.
• Prioritize and drive structural issues to resolution, in order to meet uptime and other relevant KPI’s of the equipment modules you are responsible for;
• Represent the Service Organization during product development, drive RAMS, and provide the service mix (manuals, procedures, training, spares, etc).
Startups can provide phenomenal learning and development opportunities but can also be a hectic environment at times. You must fit in such a climate and don’t mind to constantly implement changes and process improvements, be hands-on, and to go the extra mile on a regular basis and feel comfortable with some uncertainty.
Furthermore, you need to recognize yourself in the profile as described below.
• Completed HBO or University education, preferably in Mechatronics or Electronics;
• At least 5 years experience within a service organization in high-tech, preferably semiconductor industry;
• Ability to analyze complex technical issues, as well organizational skills to lead a technical team and manage stakeholders;
• Customer and Service oriented attitude and willingness to travel few times a year;
• Full proficiency in English.
lead, not follow // open and honest // empowerment and trust // passion and determination // fun and open-minded // “to boldly go…”
Getting on board now is a great opportunity to grow with the company from a technical, personal, and financial perspective. Nearfield's momentum is energetic and promising!
Our starting point is of course to pay someone a fair and competitive salary and besides this we offer you:
• 30 paid holidays a year, which is 10 more than required by Dutch labor law;
• 8% of your annual salary (gross) holiday allowance;
• Commuting allowance;
• Work from home allowance;
• TEAM is very important, Together Everyone Achieves More!
• Social company events throughout the year.
If the above challenges excites you, we encourage you to send us your details using the Apply now button on our career site.
If you have any questions? Feel free to contact me via:
Martien Hermens - Recruiter
Recruitment, consultancy and/or other agency?
We appreciate the interest, but we source all our candidates directly. We understand that you as an intermediary want to present candidates to our interesting positions. This is not how we have structured our recruitment.
This means that all profiles offered to Nearfield Instruments will be treated as direct applications. Unless we have explicitly agreed otherwise.
Do you want to join our team as our new Production Support Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!