As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will contribute to develop, design, build, test and inspect mechanical devices, parts and assemblies of our state-of-the-art metrology systems. This work consists of a translation of the architecture requirements into a design that meets the requirements.
Creation of the 3D CAD design, volume control and management, engineering changes, and communication to (and where necessary negotiation between) the interfaces.
• Elaborate performance budgets at system or subsystem level;
• Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new products autonomously;
• Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs;
• Generate working prototypes for beta testing and customer demonstration;
• Perform engineering calculations to support design work (tolerances, dimension chains, stress);
• Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software;
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors;
• Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process;
• Ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget;
• Design for manufacturing: make sure the design can be manufactured, will be serviceable and meets the availability requirements.
You are a team player who gets excited from innovation and technically complex challenges. You have strong communication skills and are not afraid to make yourself heard. You can handle a hectic environment at times and are willing to go the extra mile on a regular basis and you don’t mind to implement changes and process improvements.
• A Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
• At least 5 years of demonstrable experience in Precision Mechanics or Development of high tech equipment projects which, in terms of complexity, is in line with that of NFI.
• Demonstrated record of innovative design concepts.
• Experience with Solidworks is required.
• Experience with commonly used software packages (Ansys, Comsol, PLM etc)
• Hands-on experience in working in a clean room is an asset.
• Proficiency in the English language.
Successful mechanical designers possess excellent structuration and organization skills. They are able to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams around a common goal: the product performance.
What can you expect from us?
Getting on board now is a great opportunity to grow with the company from a technical, personal, and financial perspective. Nearfield's momentum is energetic and promising!
Our starting point is of course to pay someone a fair and competitive salary and besides this we offer you:
• we value your work-life balance;
• time for some relaxation: 240 hours of holiday per calendar year (on 40 hours);
• 8% of your annual salary (gross) holiday allowance;
• Commuting allowance;
• Work from home allowance;
• Discount on your health insurance;
• We are here to support one another, and colleagues are there to help you. TEAM is very important, Together Everyone Achieves More!
• Besides a challenging role where you can utilize the full extent of your professional knowledge.
If the above challenges excites you, we encourage you to send us your details using the Apply now button on our career site.
Our recruitment process:
• Screening by Recruiter
• 1st interview
• 2nd interview
• Meeting our CEO
• Onboarding and welcome at Nearfield Instruments!
If you have any questions? Feel free to contact me via:
Martien Hermens - Recruiter
Recruitment, consultancy and/or other agency?
We appreciate the interest, but we source all our candidates directly. We understand that you as an intermediary want to present candidates to our interesting positions. This is not how we have structured our recruitment.
This means that all profiles offered to Nearfield Instruments will be treated as direct applications. Unless we have explicitly agreed otherwise.