You will be part of the mechatronic team of 10 engineers and report to your TL Mechatronics. The D&E team (60 fte) consists of Mechatronics Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Software Engineers, Application engineers and Project Managers.
You will be working at the core modules of our technology: on their architecture, (re)design, optimization, controller tuning, issue solving and assuring the modules can be made/integrated/assessed without your presence using e.g. tools and scripts. For each, our considerations are centered around dynamics and accuracy.
Don’t be scared when you hear about our angstroms, we’ve got nanometer and micrometer challenges as well – and the first generation technology has already been proven. Now we need our growing team to industrialize our tech, designs, scripts, procedures, organization and come up with smart solutions to issues – while developing the newer generations of machines and added features.
This job requires a broad range of technical skills, as a focal point between Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Software, Metrology and Physics. You will be in close contact with other departments such as Production, System Engineering and Service. In this role you will travel about 5% of your time.
Why is the position interesting for you?
• You will be working on cutting edge technology.
• You will be working in a high-paced environment
• You can grow with the developing company.
• You will be using your mechatronic knowledge and practical insights to get us to the next level
• Multiple disciplines and soft-disciplines come together on a daily basis.
• You want to make a quality step together with us.
• You are a real team player with strong interpersonal skills and are quality minded.
• MSc in Mechatronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Control Engineering or equivalent; BSc in Electrical or Embedded Engineering is a pre.
• You have an industrialization mindset, driven by quality and consistency.
• Required skills: Mechanical Design Principles, Model Based Design, Dynamics and signal analysis, Control tuning, Sensing/actuation principles, Statistics, Flexible thinking, Coding skills (Python, MATLAB/Simulink are a plus).
• Previous experience with semiconductor equipment manufacturing is a plus.
• Flexible and capable of working in a high-tech environment.
• You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Getting on board now is a great opportunity to grow with the company from a technical, personal, and financial perspective. Nearfield's momentum is energetic and promising!
Our starting point is of course to pay someone a fair and competitive salary and besides this we offer you:
• We value your work-live balance;
• Time for some relaxation: 30 holidays per calendar year (based on 40 hours);
• 8% holiday allowance;
• Commuting allowance;
• Work from home allowance;
• Discount on your health insurance;
• We are here to support one another, and colleagues are there to help you. TEAM is very important, Together Everyone Achieves More!
If the above challenges excites you, we encourage you to send us your details using the Apply now button on our career site.
Our recruitment process:
• Initial screening;
• Minimum 2 rounds of interviews;
• interview with CEO/CTO;
• Onboarding and welcome at Nearfield Instruments!
If you have any questions? Feel free to contact me:
You will receive a contract from Nearfield Instruments and we are not open to interim/freelance assignments and/or acquisition by agencies. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Do you want to join our team as our new Senior Mechatronics System Designer? Then we'd love to hear about you!