To meet the soaring demand for ever smaller, more powerful and more complex chips, accelerating quality testing is crucial. Increasing throughput a hundredfold, Nearfield Instruments’ unique high-speed metrology system QUADRA offers the solution. And to meet the exponentially growing demand for QUADRA, you, as a strategic supply chain manager, will take the lead in transforming and optimising our electronics supply chain. Are you ready to play a crucial part in realising the ambitious growth strategy of a deeptech scale-up?
One of the biggest challenges in the semiconductor industry is reliably sourcing electronics, due to ongoing shortages. This makes lifecycle management a crucial part of your role. You will be working with leading electronic manufacturing suppliers and drive the transformation of our supply chain to cope with our surging demand for electronics. In addition, you and your colleagues for mechanics and mechatronics will devise a Quality, Logistics, Technology and Cost roadmap geared to professionalising supply chain management.
Your responsibilities include:
• Coordinating the transformation from procuring single-purpose modules to larger integrated modules, together with the System Integration team. This will ramp up production as it will reduce time spent on assembly, integration and testing.
• Building and maintaining strategic partnerships with suppliers of critical components and integrated modules. Involving internal stakeholders to align their needs, you will jointly draw up specifications, and establish cost-down roadmaps.
• Regularly evaluating supplier performance geared to improving quality, securing timely delivery, controlling costs and mitigating supply risks, for which you will work closely with your strategic suppliers and internal stakeholders.
• Collaborating with your colleagues from Development & Engineering from an early stage in the process. You will align the practicalities of the supply chain with the engineers’ release-for-volume needs. This involves recommending components that are cheaper and more widely available, resulting in changes in designs.
• Balancing and managing the risks inherent to our strategic supply chain as a result of increasing dependencies, for which you will leverage our growing buying potential.
Nearfield Instruments being a rapidly growing scale-up, we have no closely defined boundaries or hierarchy. We all work together to realise Nearfield Instruments’ growth strategy. What connects us is a drive to develop and build deeptech metrology solutions, enabling 5G connectivity, AI, medical technology, autonomous mobility and so much more. As an international team, we have different cultural backgrounds, which is why diversity and inclusion come naturally to us. Our combined identities and ambitions enrich our culture and make up our strength. We encourage you to be authentic, and empower you to grow your role and career in an open, friendly and supportive atmosphere. Because at Nearfield Instruments, Together Everyone Achieves More.
At Nearfield Instruments, you’ll be joining the most creative minds in science and technology from all over the world. Fostering a fun, diverse and inclusive culture, we encourage you to be, or become, who and what you want to be. Which is why you will get all the support you need to evolve, and why we care about your work-life balance. We enable you to simplify the logistics of your life by empowering you to get the job done in the way that works best for your role, development and personal circumstances. These are your benefits:
• A good pension scheme.
• Personalised training and education for your personal and career development.
• A holiday allowance of 8% and plenty of time to relax with 30 days of annual leave, based on a 40-hour week.
• A work-from-home allowance.
• A commuting allowance.
• A discount on your health insurance.
You thrive on achieving the best possible strategic solutions for supply chain management in a deeptech scale-up environment. Valuing the freedom you’ll have to shape your role, you know how to create long-term partnerships. You harness your communication skills to involve, inspire and convince both colleagues and suppliers. Embracing our mission, you also weigh and prioritise short-term needs and long-term supply chain solutions.
You also have:
• A BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Applied Physics, or another relevant subject.
• Demonstrable experience in supply chain management of high-tech systems, as well as a relevant network in the Dutch and European high-tech ecosystem.
• An excellent command of spoken and written English, as English is our and our clients’ main language.
At Nearfield Instruments, we develop, integrate, market and service advanced 3D metrology solutions, tackling the process control challenges in the nano industry. It’s our high-throughput QUADRA with four mini atomic force microscopes that helps the world’s leading chipmakers assure the quality and increase production of increasingly smaller, complex and powerful IC devices. Our daringly innovative, atom-scale systems offer solutions for next-gen chips, the latest technologies such as hybrid bonding, and even the most critical layers, including gate-all-around transistors. Being a scale-up founded in 2016, we now employ some 160 of the most creative minds in science and technology.
The selection process will include two, and sometimes more, interviews, including a meeting with our CEO and CTO. If we have a match, we’ll make you an offer and, hopefully, we’ll be welcoming you at Nearfields Instruments, where you’ll participate in an extensive onboarding programme!
If you have questions about your role or the application procedure, do reach out to Sjoerd Jacobs, Employer Branding & Recruitment Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment, consultancy and/or other agency?
We appreciate the interest, but we source all our candidates directly. We understand that you as an intermediary want to present candidates to our interesting positions. This is not how we have structured our recruitment.
This means that all profiles offered to Nearfield Instruments will be treated as direct applications. Unless we have explicitly agreed otherwise.