The Design and Engineering (D&E) Department of Nearfield Instruments consists of around 60 highly skilled professionals working in the following teams:
• Mechanical Engineering
• Mechatronics Engineering
• Signal and Data Processing
• Software Development
• Project Management
The Mechanical Engineering team consists of 8 engineers and is envisioned to grow to about 12 team members this year.
They are the specialists that take the conceptual solutions, as developed by the R&D organization, and turn them into reliable and high-performance elements of the Nearfield Instruments equipment. High performance, robustness, reliability, and serviceability are the drivers that will enable integration in our clients’ production environment with high yield and throughput.
You foster expertise within the team on knowledge domains by following scientific developments and shaping an associated “knowledge agenda” to promote cross-fertilization. You keep an eye on the overall competences of the team, identify gaps and propose training and development plans.
You guarantee the translation of the system architecture into a design that meets the requirements. Thus, you manage the organization of your team to ensure technical, schedule and cost compliance of the projects you are involved in, supporting proper follow-up and decision-making.
You make sure the technical content is released via our Design and Engineering process.
As a Team Lead, you act as the interface towards the other disciplines within the D&E organization and are responsible for line-management of the Mechanical Engineering Team.
You oversee the daily workload, set priorities where necessary and coach and mentor the (junior) team members. You are responsible to make sure the teams are optimally staffed to ensure the Mechanical Engineering Team can fulfill its crucial role within the company and involve all the needed stakeholders to make an optimal trade-off between impact and resource requirements.
If needed, you issue a new vacancy as hiring manager. Also within your responsibility are the yearly appraisals. You report to the Design & Engineering Director.
• MSc. or PhD in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer in mechanical systems design in an industrial environment which, in terms of complexity, is in line with that of NFI. Experience in the field of semiconductor equipment is a plus.
• Experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechanical, optics, electronics and software as Team Lead or Project Lead is preferred.
• Experience in organizing a team, overseeing workload, and setting of priorities.
• Experience with precision mechanics, design principles, Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly.
• Experience in system design and analysis in a highly technical and multi-disciplinary environment.
• Experience in analyzing applicability, accuracy, and adherence to engineering specifications.
Experience working with suppliers and co-developers.
• A real team player with strong interpersonal skills and a quality orientation.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time.
• You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Getting on board now is a great opportunity to grow with the company from a technical, personal, and financial perspective. Nearfield's momentum is energetic and promising!
Our starting point is of course to pay someone a fair and competitive salary and besides this we offer you:
• we value your work-life balance;
• time for some relaxation: 240 hours of holiday per calendar year (on 40 hours);
• 8% of your annual salary (gross) holiday allowance;
• Commuting allowance;
• Work from home allowance;
• Discount on your health insurance;
• We are here to support one another, and colleagues are there to help you. TEAM is very important, Together Everyone Achieves More!
• A challenging role where you can utilize the full extent of your professional knowledge.
If the above challenges excites you, we encourage you to send us your details using the Apply now button on our career site.
Our recruitment process:
• Screening by Recruiter
• 1st interview
• 2nd interview
• Meeting our CEO
• Onboarding and welcome at Nearfield Instruments!
If you have any questions? Feel free to contact me via:
Martien Hermens - Recruiter
Recruitment, consultancy and/or other agency?
We appreciate the interest, but we source all our candidates directly. We understand that you as an intermediary want to present candidates to our interesting positions. This is not how we have structured our recruitment.
This means that all profiles offered to Nearfield Instruments will be treated as direct applications. Unless we have explicitly agreed otherwise.
Do you want to join our team as our new Team Lead Mechanical Engineering? Then we'd love to hear about you!